One of my essays, “Why I Still Attend Pride Events,” appears in the groundbreaking anthology Recognize: The Voices of Bisexual Men, which was recently announced as Lambda Literary Award Finalist.
As a senior editor at The Good Men Project, I created, moderated, and co-produced (with Joanna Schroeder) live chats for premium members. For the first of these monthly events, 5 Guys Talking: The Second Half of Manhood, I interviewed Dr. Adam Sheck on life for men after age forty. The second episode, 5 Guys Talking: Men of Action featured an AIDS activist, a Christian missionary, a wilderness first responder, and a rock star, all talking about their work. These chats drew the attention of Google, who asked me to moderate The Fatherhood Google+ Hangout on The Modern Dad on Fatherhood, Past Present and Future.
A Huffington Post Live episode on “starter marriages” on which I appeared to discuss my first marriage also highlighted “Grew Up as Girls, Married as Men,” a story I’ve written about my current marriage that originally appeared on this blog as “My big, gay marriage.”
From 2000-2003, I was active as a co-founder and co-editor as well as contributing writer to Trans-Health, an online journal of health and fitness for trans people. Most content is still available at Trans-Health.com, and all back issues are archived in PDF format on this blog. In each issue, I reported on news related to transgender health, and I also wrote a number of feature articles, some of which are still being used as resources.
- My interview with Hawk Stone, “Growing Older and Being Trans,” from the Trans-Health Spring 2002 issue, is listed as a resource on The American Association on Aging website.
- Rupert Raj, Counseling Psychologist in Toronto, includes the Winter 2003 issue of Trans-Health, which focused on trans elders, in his list of Recommended Readings on Transgenderism.
- Movember: Good cause, poor execution, by Bastian Fox Phelan on The Scavenger, November 24, 2010, is a critical review of a prostate cancer awareness campaign that includes content from my report in Trans-Health, “Cancer Risks in the Trans Community.”
- Notes on Transgender Health Care, by the California State University Northridge Positive Space Program and ALLY Project. December 13, 2006. Quotes at length from my article in Trans-Health, “Accessing Health Care.”
- MIT Bathroom Transforms to Transgender, by Monica VanBuskirk, March 11, 2003, of the Gay and Lesbian Athletics Association quotes me on the founding of Trans-Health in their press release.
My husband and I were profiled by Hunter Styles in The Valley Advocate in 2015 in a series on polyamory.
What Chaz Bono does for a transman’s public image. By Tynan Power at The Rainbow Times, October 4, 2011. Power quotes me in his article.
Hampshire College professor’s film explores gender identity, parenthood. By Suzanne Wilson, Staff Writer, Hampshire Gazette, March 31, 2011. Interviewed for an article about the showing of a documentary, “trans parent,” in Northampton, MA. I appear in the documentary and participated in a panel discussion with the film maker.